We take the safety of our instructors and you our customers extremely seriously. We will be adhering to the government and industry guidelines to minimise the risk of spreading the virus.
The evening before your scheduled lesson
You will receive a call or text from your instructor asking if you have expeienced any of the main three symptoms of the virus.
• High temperature
• New or persistent cough
• Loss of taste or smell
If you have experienced any of the three symptoms or you have been in close contact with anyone that has, THE LESSON MUST NOT GO AHEAD.
• Immediately prior to your lesson and before you enter the tuition vehicle.
• Please wash your hands with soap and water as close to your lesson as possible. (Your instructor will have anti-virus hand gel available if this was not possible.)
• You will once again be asked if you have experienced any of the symptoms.
• You will be required to provide a face covering or mask and this must be fitted before entering the vehicle.
• If you wish to wear gloves, these should be put on before entering the vehicle.
• Please wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions as the vehicle windows will be kept partially open.
• Lesson Preparation.
Your instructor will clean the vehicle with an ANTI VIRUS Solution before and between EVERY new lesson.
• Door handles, inside and out
• Windows and mirror controls
• Seat and head restraints
• Seatbelts and their connections
• Gear lever
• Steering wheel
• Indicator and wiper stalks
• Light switches
• Car keys
• Car seats
(spray with Dettol or anti-bacterial solution) Beaded seat covers should be avoided.
• Training resources such as visual aids
Your Instructor will clean their hands with a sanitiser before and after each lesson.
• During the lesson:
• Face to face conversations will be avoided as much as possible
Physical contact with any training aids will be minimised and these will also be sanitised before each new lesson
You will be asked to hold up your licence so your instructor can record the details (First lesson only)
A separate pen will be provided to sign lesson sheet at end of lesson. This will be sanitised before every lesson and kept in the centre console and only touched by you.
If a demo drive is required by instructor, a full wipe down will be required both before and after.
If your instructor needs to take physical control, then an immediate wipe down of the touch points will be required before the lesson can continue.
AFTER YOUR LESSON
You are advised to wash your hands as soon as possible. (Your instructor will make an anti – bacterial gel available if you wish)
Should you have any questions regarding the COVID-19 safety procedure, you are very welcome to contact customer services to clarify or seek reassurance.
We now have an FAQ list that we hope will help you
answer some of the more common ones.
What do I need to get started?
You need to have your Provisional Driving Licence.
2. How do I get a Provisional driving Licence?
The Provisional Licence is £43.00 by post, on line it is £34.00. You can apply at www.gov.uk/driving-licence-fees or by completing Form D1 from the DVLA or the Post Office who offer a premium checking service. There is No cost to change to a Full Driving licence, when you pass your practical driving test.
3. Do I have to pass the theory before starting to drive?
No not at all, in fact it is beneficial to do both at the same, as they help each other.
4. Do you do intensive courses?
We can, but recommend a calmer and more methodical approach as this will prepare you better.
5. Will I take my test in your car?
Please feel free to contact us and ask any questions or raise any concerns you have. We'll do our best to answer you within 24 hours!
Here are a few recent people who have passed with Drive Sussex. Are you next? Get in touch if you're based in Brighton, Eastbourne, Shoreham-By-Sea, or Worthing!
Drive Sussex was recommended to me by a friend. I found learning to drive about what I expected. The teaching methods I thought were very good, as I felt I didn't have to rush learning, and I didn't have to move on until I felt I'd learnt it properly. It was very comfortable and I had a good time learning.
He can drive to Uni and work. Good luck with the “Blues and Twos “ training, and hopefully not a too busy New Years Eve.
Congratulations to Karen Cristina of Shoreham-by-Sea. No more bus trips, fighting to get the buggy on!
Congratulations to Olivia Kelsey of Ashurst, Steyning on passing her practical driving test , on at Lancing Driving Test Centre.
It’s easy to get started with Drive Sussex
FOLLOW THE SIMPLE STEPS
BELOW TO GET STARTED
Select your area
Simply let us know which area you're based
A few details about you
We'll gather a few details from you, if you've driven before, any questions you may have...
Get Pass Plus!
That's it, we'll book you in and schedule your first Pass Plus lesson. Easy!
If you are a complete beginner or simply wish to refresh your knowledge, we have a course in driving lessons for you.